About Me

My photo
Nashville, Middle America, United States
Married, Kids, Grandkids

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Aaah, Montana in the Spring

In April I was given the opportunity to fly to Montana, 
The university has a geology camp where student go to dig up,
break and look at rocks.  I was there to meet with the state
fire marshal, the local fire chief and so on.
I've posted a few of the pictures I took.
 
We flew into Bozeman.
 
 
 
 
Bozeman had all the regular stuff one would expect to find, the difference being,
Bozeman had a much more interesting backdrop of mountains.  On our way
to the camp, we encountered a sand /rain storm.  Very odd.



I found lots of old log buildings, most falling down.  No telling how old they are.



Here's a black and white just for my daughter.
 
 
 
A lonely house amidst nothing else.
 


 
The road to Pony Montana.
 
 

I saw a few ranch entrance's but no actual ranches.  The drives were very long.
 
 

Here is the drive to a residence.  No house was seen, but it surely was
large judging by the expensive entry gate.
 
 

 
We spent some time driving in the mountains looking for bear. 
We didn't see any but did miss seeing one in the camp.  Pictures are never as good as being there, so this shot fails to present the true grandeur of the site. 
 
 

 
Up toward Hollowtop Mountain, I found the river.  Awesome scene.  (My favorite shot)
 
 

 
It snowed two inches one morning.
 
 

 
The camp looking North.
 

We found this tent set up near the top of a mountain. 
 
 

Snow melted the next day.
 
 

 
A parting shot, leaving for the airport back to Indiana.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment