About Me

My photo
Nashville, Middle America, United States
Married, Kids, Grandkids

Thursday, October 24, 2013

I couldn't look away!

A couple of times in the last month, I have been detoured on my way in to work.
I travel a dark winding and lonely road, the only way, and with few options for turn offs.
Last moth is was a house fire, and as I was finding my way to work I could smell see and smell the smoke a couple of miles away.
 
Yesterday morning I came upon another cop sideways in the road.  Yesterday was moonless and out there where we live, a moonless night is a pitch black night.  It was clear that I had to detour again and I figured it may be another house on fire. 
 
The place where I was stopped didn't have an option that was known to me so I had to consult the map on my phone.  I'm so glad I had a map because my truck was on empty, and fooling around trying to find a way into Bloomington may have caused my to run out of gas.
 
Long story short, it was a train derailment.  Indiana 45 follows right along side of RxR tracks either to one side or the other the whole way to work.  the derailment happened to be at a spot right next to the road.
 
 
 
I stopped in the afternoon for pictures but of course, didn't get right up in the middle of it.
So, this angle was all I could get.

 
I'd never seen a train wreck before this.
(A train wreck in the literal since)

 
These guys were fiddling with heavy equipment, flipping cars that had coal in them.

 
Tore it up pretty good.

 
I thought just briefly, perhaps I could use my son-in-laws name as leverage to gain a little access, since he now works for the RxR in Washington, but I thought better of it and refrained.



Not much of a story really,  Just a train wreck.
 
 
I'm glad no one was hurt, and no personal property was lost.

 
Ok, what next?



1 comment: